[Rd] (PR#11484) On WinXP, R CMD config needs sh (and breaks without it)

lgautier at gmail.com lgautier at gmail.com
Mon May 19 11:40:35 CEST 2008

2008/5/19 Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk>:
> Where is the bug here?  It also does on a Unix-alike.

Then "R CMD config --help" could at least spit out an error stating
what should be installed
(rather than die with an execution error straight from the DOS).

Setting an "sh" in the %Path% (sh coming from cygwin) does not seem to
lead to something working
under winXP (various error messages).

> Anything involving R CMD potentially needs the Rtools set in the path.

I guess that I have been lucky with the "potential" aspect of the
requirements so far.
Is there a documentation of what is needed by the respective R CMD flavors ?