[Rd] image (PR#11493)

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Wed May 21 16:20:58 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 5:05 PM,  <jms2003 at med.cornell.edu> wrote:
> Full_Name: Joseph Scandura
> Version: 2.7.0
> OS: Mac 10.5
> Submission from: (NULL) (140.251.50.94)
>

> Since updating to 2.7.0 all plots that use image() (heatmap, etc...) now draw
> visible boxes around each rectangle in the plot. When there are many rectangles
> the surrounding color becomes dominant over the rectangle color and the overall
> image is borderline useless.

<sarcasm>
...and so are bug reports without reproducible examples.
</sarcasm>

More seriously, for the hardworking R core people [I'm not one]
spending their time going through bug reports (and people on R-devel
list), please imagine yourself in their position and you realize
quickly that you can help them out with by giving a reproducible
example that they can cut'n'paste into their R session.  Also,
reporting the output of sessionInfo() is considered good etiquette.
In your case you might even be able to submit "before and after"
PNGs/PDFs illustrating the difference.

Cheers

Henrik