[Rd] value returned by findFun when the name cannot be found.

Laurent Gautier lgautier at gmail.com
Sat May 24 23:17:37 CEST 2008

Dear list,

I have been using "findVar" (defined in src/main/envir.c) happily and
would like to use
"findFun".

However I have trouble when the name searched cannot be found: while
"findVar" returns R_UnboundValue,
"findFun" does not (the 4 last lines of "findFun" are copied below).

    error(_("could not find function \"%s\""), CHAR(PRINTNAME(symbol)));
    /* NOT REACHED */
    return R_UnboundValue;
}

I assume that the comment "/* NOT REACHED */ means that R_UnboundValue
is not returned... and my question is:
what is returned then ? (I am a little lost in the nested calls within "error").

Thanks,

Laurent