[Rd] mingw cross compiler binaries available

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 29 05:17:17 CEST 2008

snpMatrix (http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.2/bioc/html/snpMatrix.html)
is now part of Bioconductor. I use the mingw cross compiler to make the
window releases so I made the effort to build the cross-compiler as an
rpm for x86_64 fedora 8/9. It might be also useful to other R-developers,
or some might find the rpm spec file interesting anyway:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=217165

The cross-compiler is relocatable, I believe, so feel free to do
"rpm2cpio <rpm> | cpio --extract -d" or use alien to convert it to *.deb.
This is provided as is, but will probably get updated from time to time.

(The Bioconductor people have different ideas about release numbers,
but trust me - I am one of the authors - that snpMatrix on the
outmodedbonsai download page is a bit newer than what is available through
bioc).