[Rd] cat: ./R/Copy: No such file or directory

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sat Nov 1 16:40:33 CET 2008

Hello:

      What do you recommend I do to get past cryptic error messages from
"R CMD check", complaining "No such file or directory"?  The package is
under SVN control, and I reverted to a version that passed "R CMD
check", without eliminating the error.  The "00install.out" file is
short and bitter:

cat: ./R/Copy: No such file or directory
cat: of: No such file or directory
cat: create.fourier.basis.R: No such file or directory
make: *** [Rcode0] Error 1

---------- Making package fda ------------
  adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
  installing NAMESPACE file and metadata
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `R/Copy', needed by
`D:/spencerg/statmtds/splines/fda/RForge/fda/fda.Rcheck/fda/R/fda'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [pkg-fda] Error 2
*** Installation of fda failed ***

Removing 'D:/spencerg/statmtds/splines/fda/RForge/fda/fda.Rcheck/fda'

      Thanks for any suggestions.  I have a "*.tar.gz" file that I hope
may not have this problem, but I'm not sure.

      Thanks,
      Spencer