[Rd] cat: ./R/Copy: No such file or directory

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Nov 2 01:53:43 CET 2008

Dear Ted:

      Thanks very much.  In fact, I did have a file named "Copy of
create.fourier.basis.R".  I deleted it and got an even more cryptic
version of the same error message.  I ultimately traced this to lines
like "<<<<<<< .working" inserted by subversion into a *.R or *.Rd file I
was using.  I found this by finding a previous "*.tar.gz" file that
passed "R CMD check", studying the subversion log of 7 different changes
made by 3 people since that one that worked, and reviewing changes made
to at least 13 different files in that period until I found the problem.

      Best Wishes,
      Spencer