[Rd] Locating MiKTeX

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 18:55:02 CET 2008

MiKTeX automatically downloads additional required packages
that your *.tex files use.  Something is wrong with your installation
if it did not try to do that automatically for you.

Although the following should not be necessary, if you do
want to download and install additional MiKTeX packages
yourself without a massive download just invoke the
MiKTeX package manager by entering at the Windows
command line:

mpm

or, if you don't have MiKTeX on your path you can run

rtools.bat
mpm

where rtools.bat, which is from http://batchfiles.googlecode.com ,
will temporarily add MiKTeX to your path so that you can run mpm
and other MiKTeX tools.