[Rd] typo in ?pie

Berwin A Turlach berwin at maths.uwa.edu.au
Tue Nov 11 17:50:16 CET 2008

G'day Brian,

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:07:44 +0000 (GMT)
Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> 'British' spelling is in the majority amongst R-core, and preferred
> for R documentation (that is in the guidelines somewhere).

I have a vague memory of a discussion that ended with the conclusion
that words like "colour" should be spelt "color"; at least in function
names and function arguments.  IIRC, this was for compatible reasons
with S/S-Plus.

Does your comment mean that we can send it patches for help pages in
which "colour" is spelt "color" (e.g. lines in package:graphics) and
such patches would be applied?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Cheers,

	Berwin