[Rd] Computing minimal detectable differences for general ANOVA models

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at wald.ucdavis.edu
Sat Nov 22 23:21:16 CET 2008

Ali Baharev wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> For the attached (very simple) source package i get the following warnings:
>
> * checking foreign function calls ... WARNING
> Foreign function calls without 'PACKAGE' argument:
> .C("fpow", ...)
> See the chapter 'System and foreign language interfaces' of the 'Writing R
> Extensions' manual.

The message is reasonably clear.
Calls to .C(), .Call(), .Fortran(), .External()
must identify the DLL/shared object so that the
native (compiled) symbol being invoked is correctly
found and we don't end up by chance finding another
with the same name in another DLL/shared object.
So you need

   .C("fpow",  PACKAGE = "fpow")

If you had a NAMESPACE for the package, you can
chose to omit the PACKAGE = "fpow" if you want
as we infer that the DLL is the one associated with
this package.

> * checking R code for possible problems ... NOTE
> Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
>   Tcl/Tk support is not available on this system

This is just a note and of no concern.