[Rd] normal-bracket50bracket-normal?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Nov 30 22:36:14 CET 2008

Hello:

      I've found structures like "normal-bracket50bracket-normal" in
help files for R packages including the following:

           * "mergeprepare" and "mergematrices" in a document dated
March 3, 2004 by Richard Mott;  the second contains
"normal-bracket30bracket-normal".

           * "Fperm.fd" and "tperm.fd" in the "fda" package;  these help
pages were written primarily by Giles Hooker.

           * "compareDerivatives" in the "maxLik" package;  this help
page was written by Ott Toomet and me.

      What can we do to eliminate this nonsense comment?

      Constructs like this seem to be generated in perl code used in "R
CMD" processing
(https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/share/perl/R/Rdconv.pm).

      Thanks,
      Spencer Graves