[Rd] quartz device (PR#13115)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Oct 3 18:34:04 CEST 2008

On Oct 2, 2008, at 14:45 , vdewit at ulg.ac.be wrote:

> Dear,
>
> The quartz device doesn't work in R version 2.7.2 (2008-08-25), on my
> MacBook Pro. For example, when I just type 'demo(graphics)', the
> quartz
> window stays empty and the clockwise time indicator keeps on running
> in
> the R window.
>
> What should I do to fix this bug?

First please follow the guidelines and report the issue properly
including at the very least the output of sessionInfo() as well as the
exactly way you run R (R.app GUI, Terminal, xterm, ...). Also note
that demo(graphics) doesn't produce any output until you press <Enter>
on the console. Start with a simple example like "plot(1:10)" to
verify that there is really an issue with Quartz.

Thanks,
Simon