[Rd] dos-style line endings in .Rbuildignore result in files not being excluded

Sebastian P. Luque spluque at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 16:09:32 CEST 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 08:46:36 -0400,
Nathan Coulter <org.r-project.r-devel at pooryorick.com> wrote:

> Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
>> But to the point: how often do people get DOS-style files on a
>> Unix-alike? You have to work pretty hard to do this, and there comes
>> a point at which complicating R to workaround wrongly encoded files
>> is not worth the trouble.  Let's see if anyone else reports having
>> done this.

> In my experience, this is a common occurrence.

I think so too.  Too often I get files from other people that were
encoded in different systems, so EOL can be a source of grief.  Most of
the time they are DOS (M$), so I got in the habit of using the tofromdos
tools for DOS <-> Unix EOL issues because this is a problem I'd rather
fix for the whole file system, rather than a particular task in R.

--
Seb