[Rd] small bug in plot.rpart?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 15 21:46:02 CEST 2008

>From the posting guide:

   For questions about unexpected behavior or a possible bug, you should,
   at a minimum, copy and paste the output from sessionInfo() into your
   message.

(This would have told us the rpart version number.)

   When mentioning version numbers, always use the full version number,
   e.g., `2.6.1', not just `2.6', and also mention the platform
   (Windows2000, Linux, MacOS X, with their versions).

   If the question relates to a contributed package , e.g., one downloaded
   from CRAN, try contacting the package maintainer first.

(rpart is a contributed package: see library(help="rpart").)

And from the FAQ:

   Bug reports on contributed packages should be sent first to the
   package maintainer, and only submitted to the R-bugs repository by
   package maintainers, mentioning the package in the subject line.

As the rpart maintainer I can tell you that this will be changed to use
dev.new() in the next release, but the current release (3.1-41) is over 6
months' old and predates development of 2.8.0.