[Rd] Minor feature request: Let 'R CMD co*nfig' tell me where the INCLDIR is

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Oct 18 17:29:12 CEST 2008

Another one that would be nice to have is

edd at ron:~/svn/rcpp> grep "\.so" /etc/R/Makeconf
DYLIB_EXT = .so
SHLIB_EXT = .so

in order to copy with OS X extensions programmatically in Makefiles.  But I
guess I could also source Makeconf explicitly. At least the Matrix package
does that.

On 17 October 2008 at 10:09, Martin Maechler wrote:
|     DE> [ The context is that 'R CMD INSTALL' does fewer things than a few of us
|     DE> desired (as per a thread a few months ago) but seemingly nobody with the
|     DE> magic powers to change this feels the same way. ]
|
| or has had time for it, at the time?
| Did you get reactions from R-core at all?

Not really, unless I missed it. Brian more-or-less dismissed it by pointing
to DESCRIPTION's 'Type: Fronted' but that still doesn't solve the issue I was
suggesting as new R CMD INSTALL functionality.  But life is short and many
things are worthy to work on so this one may have dropped to the sides for good.

Dirk