[Rd] R 2.8.0 qqnorm produces error with object of class zoo?

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Oct 22 23:03:40 CEST 2008

Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> And one other point.
>
> z <- zoo(1:4)
> .gt(z, 1, 2)
>
> fails because z[1] and z[2] are at different time points so
>
>    z[1] == z[2]
>
> is logical(0) because when zoo compares objects it aligns them
> first.

Yes, that was the point that I was trying to make. Well, arguably it
doesn't "fail", it just does what it is supposed to do. Things would
"work" with [[ or a preceding unclass(z), but that would break
comparisons involving, say, POSIXlt objects. So you're sort of stuck
between a rock and a hard place.