[Rd] changed behaviour of 'get' in 2.8.0: request for unchange

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 13:27:21 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 6:53 AM, Luke Tierney <luke at stat.uiowa.edu> wrote:
> There is already sone desire to have a
> way of checking whether a binding contains a delayed evaluation, so
> maybe something like a function bindingStatus that returns one of
> "active", "missing", "delayed" or "evaluated" makes sense.

The other item that might have a relationship to this
is the ability to a copy an object without evaluating it.  This can't be
done entirely in R but can be done in C code from R:
http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e2/devel/07/09/4444.html

For me, copying is even more important than inspecting and that seems
to be for Mark's case too.