[Rd] Errors in R CMD check for R 2.8.0

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 12:12:25 CET 2008

You could go to \Users\JoeDoe\Documents\R\win-library and rename
2.8 to 2.8x, say, reinstall R, grab movedir.bat from
http://batchfiles.googlecode.com
placing it in \Users\JoeDoe\Documents\R\win-library (or anywhere on
your path) and then check that it created a
\Users\JoeDoe\Documents\R\win-library\2.8
and run this in the Windows console

   cd \Users\JoeDoe\Documents\R\win-library
   movedir 2.8x 2.8

Then start R and choose Packages | Update

movedir.bat is a small batch file (with no dependencies) that can be used to
move your packages from one library to another with the safety feature that
it will not overwrite packages that are already in the target library.