[Rd] rgui.exe memory used (PR#12697)

cedric.carpentier at halbis.com cedric.carpentier at halbis.com
Thu Sep 4 16:10:07 CEST 2008

Full_Name: cedric Carpentier
Version: 2.6.1
OS: windows 2000
Submission from: (NULL) (212.11.24.48)

Hello,

I will try to be comprehensive, but excuse me for my approximative english.

I use R to extract data from Factset and  then upload its to a personnal
database. After the storage I create different matrix to do some calculations.

The problem is that when I Open Rgui.exe, this exe take only 24 Mb of memory,
and after matrix creation more than 500mb...

I use rm (list =ls()) + gc() to clear all the R objects..in R i've no more
object (ls () return 0) but Rgui.exe keep 400 Mb of memory used in windows.

In fact I don't succeed to return to the original memory used, that is to say
24Mb.

I've trying to see if an environment have an abnormaly growth but not...?

And then more I advance in my script more the memory growth until the rupture.

Then there is something to do ?

Please note that I used the RODBC package

Many thanks