[Rd] Dates in C api

Lee, Philip (IT) Phil.Lee at morganstanley.com
Wed Sep 17 19:24:27 CEST 2008

r-devel,

I've been trying to write a C plugin for R, and I'm struggling to
understand how dates are represented.

I can create a date in R:
> mydate<-as.Date(1, origin="1900-01-01") mydate
[1] "1900-01-02"

When I pass my date to a plugin, though, it's type is that of a real.
There doesn't seem to be a date type in Rinternals.h, is there a way to
recognize that a value is a date rather than a real?

Equally, does anyone know if it's possible to create date values in the
C api?

Thanks,
Phil Lee

Philip Lee
Morgan Stanley | Technology
750 Seventh Avenue, 12th Floor | New York, NY  10019
Phil.Lee at morganstanley.com