[Rd] Dates in C api

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Sep 23 17:25:59 CEST 2008

On 22 September 2008 at 15:41, Lee, Philip \(IT\) wrote:
| r-devel,
|
| One other question just occurred to me - does R have any concept of
| times alone?  I can see that there's dates, and datetimes (POSIXct etc),
| but how should I represent 12:34:56 as just a time?

AFAIK you cannot as there is no such type. You could of course create one.

We just had that come up in RPostgreSQL as SQL has 'time' but R doesn't. So
we return SQL columns of type time as characters. RODBC does the same. If
there is a better way, someone tell us

By the way, you may find the manuals at

	http://cran.us.r-project.org/manuals.html

of value, in particular the 'R Internal' and 'R language definition'.

Dirk