[Rd] duplicated.data.frame {was "[R] which rows are duplicates?"}

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 1 08:51:30 CEST 2009

    WK> but i *have* sent a patch already!
    >>
    >> Ok, I believe you.  But I think you did not mention that during
    >> this thread, ... and/or I must have overlooked your patch.
    >>
    >> In any case the problem is now solved
    >> [well, a better solution of course would add the "not-yet"
    >> functionality..];
    >> thank you for the contribution.
    >>

    WK> i attach the patch post for reference.  note that you need to fix all of
    WK> the functions in duplicated.R that share the buggy code.  (yes, this was
    WK> another thread;  i submitted a bug report, and then sent a follow-up
    WK> post with a patch).

Thank you; yes, in the mean time I have also seen your bug
report and patch.
Interestingly (or not), I have myself patched identically to
what you propose, withOUT even having known about your bug report + patch.

{ hmmm, it seems your thinking can be very close to mine, so why
  can't you like R properly  ;-b }

Martin