[Rd] Wishlist: timeout detection (was Package (PR#13475))

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Fri Apr 10 18:42:24 CEST 2009

I don't know if detecting timeouts is feasible.  There are two problems. The first is being able to tell that failing to find the file was a timeout problem. The second is distinguishing timeouts due to antivirus software from timeouts due to, eg, missing network connections, where giving up quickly is better than hanging indefinitely.

      -thomas