[Rd] Automatic Differentiation for R

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:53:18 CEST 2009

Not sure if this is sufficient for your needs but R does include symbolic
differentiation, see ?D, and the Ryacas and rSymPy
packages interface R to the yacas and sympy computer algebra
systems (CAS) and those system include symbolic differentiation.

http://ryacas.googlecode.com
http://rsympy.googlecode.com

Note that Ryacas communicates with yacas via XML but recent
versions of the XML package changed in a way that breaks
Ryacas so you will likely have to use an old version of XML
and Ryacas if you want to try that one -- see home page.

The rsympy interface is early stage but its functional and is
easier to install since it includes the entire CAS right in
the R package.