[Rd] HTML help

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Apr 15 17:09:16 CEST 2009

JAck,

On Apr 14, 2009, at 22:50 , Jack (Zhan, Hua Ping) wrote:

> Hi,guys,
>
> HTML help is not right for math formula:
> For example:
> I got the following formula in help page of ca.jo in urca package:

> <B>Pi</B>_k
> <B>X</B>_{t-k} + <B>&mu;</B> + <B>Phi D</B>_t + <B>varepsilon</B>_t
> , quad (t = 1, ..., T),</i></p>
>
> This presentation is just not good, however, in most browser, with
> tag <math></math>, the formula in the tag works well.

I don't see what you mean - just putting <math> tags around the above
doesn't change rendering at all. Moreover <math> is not a valid tag in
the HTML standard.

> such as in wikipedia. please check the same formula: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johansen_test

Wikipedia uses bitmaps to represent those formulae, there are no HTML
<math> tags involved there.

> Can someone please fix this?
> help(ca.jo,offline=TRUE), we can get the formula right.
>
> The problem seems to occur at the building process. Latex output is
> right, but the HTML output is not good for math formula.
>
> I guess this issue is not so difficult.

Well, then fix it and send us the patch please ...

Cheers,
Simon