[Rd] How can I catch errors thrown from c via the Rcpperror() function?

Kieran O'Neill koneill at bccrc.ca
Thu Apr 16 20:50:59 CEST 2009

Hi all, and thanks for the responses.

As per Bill's suggestion, I tried:

x <- try(flowClust(tFrame, K=30, B=1000, varNames=c('CD4', 'CD8','KI67',
'CD45RO', 'CD28', 'CD57', 'CCR5', 'CD19','CD27', 'CCR7','CD127')),
silent=TRUE)

and it caught the error.

Indeed,

 x <- try(res30 <- flowClust(tFrame, K=30, B=1000, varNames=c('CD4',
'CD8','KI67', 'CD45RO', 'CD28', 'CD57', 'CCR5', 'CD19','CD27',
'CCR7','CD127')), silent=TRUE)

caught the error. (What I really meant by "res30 = flowClust(...)" was
"res30 <- flowClust(...)". I've fallen into the probably bad habit of
using '=' in place of '<-' ) It had completely slipped my mind that '='
has a dual meaning, and that using it there might result in that part of
my expression being evaluated as the passing of an argument.

Anyway, the point is that it works, and the error is caught when I use '<-'.

Thanks again for all your help (and an interesting peek into the nuts
and bolts of R).

-Kieran