[Rd] bug in classesToAM()

hpages at fhcrc.org hpages at fhcrc.org
Sat Apr 18 09:59:38 CEST 2009

Hi,

I can't get the non-abbreviated class names of the
rows and the cols of the Adjacency Matrix:

setClass("ClassWithALongName")
setClass("SubclassOfClassWithALongName",
          contains="ClassWithALongName")

Trying all possible values for 'abbreviate' (with R-2.9.0):

> classesToAM("SubclassOfClassWithALongName", abbreviate=0)
      SubclassOfClassWithALongName ClassWithALongName
SOCW                            0                  1
CWAL                            0                  0

> classesToAM("SubclassOfClassWithALongName", abbreviate=1)
                              SOCW CWAL
SubclassOfClassWithALongName    0    1
ClassWithALongName              0    0

> classesToAM("SubclassOfClassWithALongName", abbreviate=2)
      SOCW CWAL
SOCW    0    1
CWAL    0    0

> classesToAM("SubclassOfClassWithALongName", abbreviate=3)
                              SOCW CWAL
SubclassOfClassWithALongName    0    1
ClassWithALongName              0    0

This does not reflect what the man page is saying: "values
0, 1, 2, or 3 abbreviate neither, rows, columns or both".

Cheers,
H.