[Rd] R CMD check dislikes .git directories

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Apr 22 02:10:10 CEST 2009

On 21/04/2009 7:59 PM, Dan Kelley wrote:
> This may be new to 2.9.0, but I'm not sure, since I no longer have the older
> version.
>
> I notice that  R CMD check  has no problem with .svn directories, but it
> dislikes .git directories.  That seems a bit of a problem, for folks like me
> who sometimes use git. Perhaps this behaviour could be changed?

According to the R Extensions manual, it excludes dirs named CVS, .svn,
.arch-ids, .bzr, and git.  Is .git the right thing to exclude instead of
git, or are both possible?

The same section points out the workaround:  use the .Rbuildignore file
to say what isn't really part of your package.

Duncan Murdoch