[Rd] Installation fails (PR#13669)

Dieter.Kadelka at stoch.uni-karlsruhe.de Dieter.Kadelka at stoch.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Apr 22 10:45:13 CEST 2009

Full_Name: Dieter Kadelka
Version: 2.9.0
OS: Linux
Submission from: (NULL) (129.13.115.98)

Hallo,
my system is

  Linux mspcka3 2.6.5-7.276-default #1 Mon Jul 24 10:45:31 UTC 2006 i686
GNU/Linux
  with gcc-4.3.3

Installation of R-2.9.0 fails, R-2.8.1 is o.k.

After
  configure
  make

I get
WARNING: ignoring environment value of R_HOME
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'tcltk'
     Formats: text html latex example
  TclInterface                      text    html    latex   example
  TkCommands                        text    html    latex   example
  TkWidgetcmds                      text    html    latex   example
  TkWidgets                         text    html    latex   example
  tclServiceMode                    text    html    latex   example
  tcltk-defunct                     text    html    latex
  tcltk-package                     text    html    latex
  tkProgressBar                     text    html    latex   example
  tkStartGUI                        text    html    latex
  tk_choose.dir                     text    html    latex   example
  tk_choose.files                   text    html    latex   example
  tk_messageBox                     text    html    latex
  tk_select.list                    text    html    latex
  tkpager                           text    html    latex
make[2]: Leaving directory `/install/R/R-2.9.0/src/library'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/install/R/R-2.9.0/src/library'
make[1]: Entering directory `/install/R/R-2.9.0/src/library/Recommended'
make[2]: Entering directory `/install/R/R-2.9.0/src/library/Recommended'
begin installing recommended package VR
WARNING: ignoring environment value of R_HOME
sh: Zeile 2: `python2.4': Ist kein gültiger Bezeichner.
make[2]: *** [VR.ts] Fehler 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/install/R/R-2.9.0/src/library/Recommended'
make[1]: *** [recommended-packages] Fehler 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/install/R/R-2.9.0/src/library/Recommended'
make: *** [stamp-recommended] Fehler 2

Invoking in bin
  ./R CMD config
I get (depending on the environment) either a segfault or

WARNING: ignoring environment value of R_HOME
sh: Zeile 2: `python2.4': Ist kein gültiger Bezeichner.

I tried the last R-patch, no difference.

I don't whether this problem is specific to my system or a general problem.

Thanks
Dieter Kadelka