[Rd] License status of CRAN packages

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Fri Apr 24 04:40:45 CEST 2009

I don't know about the legal definitions of all, but a few years back the British Medical Journal had a filler article that looked at some surveys of what people thought different words meant (you can get at the filler by going to http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/333/7565/442 and downloading the pdf version of the article then scrolling to the end).

According to this, when people say always they could mean anywhere from 91-100% of the time and when they say never it could be 0-2% of the time.

This doesn't prove anything, but I thought it was an interesting side note to the discussion.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org