[Rd] Closed-source non-free ParallelR ?

pax131 chuck at sharpsteen.net
Fri Apr 24 19:31:17 CEST 2009

Stavros Macrakis-2 wrote:

> I do not know of any compiler licenses that place restrictions on what
> you can do with code compiled under them, though I suppose they could
> in principle. The restrictions typically come if you link to libraries
> provided with the compiler.

These restrictions definitely exist. For example, you can not legally run
programs created with an educational version of a compiler in support of
commercial or governmental purposes. Intel provides free compilers for
non-commercial software development, with licenses that I think preclude the
use of any created programs for governmental purposes.