[Rd] Changing the compiler gfortran to ifort

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Aug 7 16:17:21 CEST 2009

On 8/7/2009 9:43 AM, Fabio Mathias Corrêa wrote:
> I tried the manual R Installation and Administration to change the gcc compiler to icc and ifort for gfotran. However I could not find the correct path for the R to identify the icc and ifort.
> In which file I define the change of compiler?

That depends on the platform.  In Windows, the file to edit is
src/gnuwin32/MkRules, where you would need to change the F77 and FLIBS
definitions (and perhaps others).  Notice that this is not in the
"user-customizable" section, so if you do this, you may be on your own
to track down the problems it causes.  (Revolution Computing has changed
compilers successfully, and they might be able to help you, or may
already have done what you are thinking of doing.)

Other platforms use configure scripts to set all of these things;
running ./configure --help in the home directory will tell you lots of
options and environment variables to play with.

Duncan Murdoch