[Rd] Class design as used in package graphics

Ulrike Grömping groemp at tfh-berlin.de
Thu Aug 13 17:38:13 CEST 2009

Dear developeRs,

I just discovered the function plot.design in package graphics that acts as
a method for class design - the second time I come across a class design
outside my own packages. (The first time was in package conf.design, where
Bill Venables encouraged me to ignore it because he does not really use it.)

Where can I find out more about the nature of the class design for which
function plot.design is written ?

I am thinking of writing a function for my own packages that allows users to
choose between data frame plotting and the function plot.design from package
graphics; for this, it would be very helpful to understand what class design
consists of.

Thanks and regards,
Ulrike