[Rd] error during build: lstat64 already defined (PR#13894)

ktr at goldin-rudahl.com ktr at goldin-rudahl.com
Tue Aug 18 11:30:12 CEST 2009

Full_Name: Kurt Rudahl
Version: 2.8.1
OS: SuSE Linux 10.2, i586
Submission from: (NULL) (203.209.31.220)

During build, it halted with several errors of general form
   lstat64 already defined

After searches on the web, which revealed many people having
similar problems in areas other then R, I conclude that:

It is caused by the fact that gcc >= 4.3 includes mpfr library,
so any existing includes of mpfr.h cause a double define.

However, I haven't been able to discover where the ref.
to mpfr is, in the R build, so I just used older (4.2)
gcc.

This appears to be specific to 32-bit compiles