[Rd] Lightweight 'package' idea.

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 14:32:12 CEST 2009

That's nifty.  Perhaps it could look into

   /foo/bar/baz/lib1/*/R

in which case one could simply place source
packages in /foo/bar/baz/lib1

In fact it would be nice if R had built into it some way
of running code in source packages possibly with
degraded functionality to ease development, i.e.
if one added /foo/bar/baz/lib1 to .libPaths and if xx
were a source package in /foo/bar/baz/lib1 then
one could use library(xx) and use xx functions directly,
possibly with degraded functionality, e.g. no help files.