[Rd] package dependencies specification

Christos Hatzis christos.hatzis at nuverabio.com
Tue Aug 25 19:54:06 CEST 2009

Hello,

After running R CMD check on my package I received the following error on
package dependencies:

* using log directory 'C:/z-zBackup/Nuvera Bio on
Iatros01/Development/RPackages/nvNormalize/nvNormalize.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.9.1 (2009-06-26)
* using session charset: ISO8859-1
* checking for file 'nvNormalize/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking extension type ... Package
* this is package 'nvNormalize' version '1.0'
* checking package name space information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Namespace dependencies not required:
  affy affyio hgu133acdf hgu133plus2cdf simpleaffy

See the information on DESCRIPTION files in the chapter 'Creating R
packages' of the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.

I've looked at the manual but cannot figure out if the problem is in the way
I have specified dependencies in NAMESPACE or DESCRIPTION.  It appears that
dependecies need to be specified in both.
These two files are shown below.

------------------------------
NAMESPACE

export(nv.batch.normalize, norm.options, combine.norm.esets,
subset.norm.eset, update.sampleNames)

import(affy, simpleaffy, hgu133acdf, hgu133plus2cdf)
importFrom(affyio, read.celfile, read.celfile.header)

DESCRIPTION
Depends: R (>= 2.5.0), Biobase
Imports: affy, affyio, simpleaffy, hgu133acdf, hgu133plus2cdf

I'd appreciate any help.
Thank you.

-Christos

Christos Hatzis, Ph.D.