[Rd] header containing (PR#13834)

Michael Gutteridge mrg at fhcrc.org
Wed Aug 26 19:53:31 CEST 2009

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> ... nor is it described on man -s2 mkdir on my Solaris 10 system, so it
> is not surprising that we didn't know about it.

Yep- I see the lack of documentation reported as a bug on opensolaris:

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6738185

Though FSM knows when they'll update the manpage.

> My slight concern is that ENOSYS might not be defined on some other OS,
> but I've not found one and POSIX requires it.

This is sort of why I'd thought it might be best to have this ENOSYS check
done on Solaris only.  Since it seems to work everywhere else, isolate
this change to Solaris only.

I've attached a patch I've developed that seems to work in our
environment.  I do use defines to do platform detection in this patch.

Copy this patch inside the source directory and run:

  solaris$ gpatch -p 1 -i platform.patch"

Michael