[Rd] Clarifications please.

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Aug 27 17:43:54 CEST 2009

Abhijit,

On 27 August 2009 at 19:29, Abhijit Bera wrote:
| Hi Martin
|
| Sorry, I made a mistake, I wasn't looking at the syntactic correctness of
| your code, I just followed what you suggested.
|
| Your method is valid when I want to extract data from a class. I was trying
| to get data from a covariance matrix. I'll put up code in my next mail
| showing how to access the different data types using different methods.

Have you looked RInside which covers your use case

    - accessing an embedded R instance from an outer C++ program

    - sending data and/or parameters to R,

    - evaluating R expressesions

    - getting data back from R to the C++ layer

See

    http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rinside.html

for more.  Documentation is still sparse, but there are examples, and the
Rcpp classes are very useful for converting a number of basic R types to and
from C++ representations.

Dirk