[Rd] Which packages in R use C++?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Dec 10 22:16:04 CET 2009

On 10 December 2009 at 15:02, Peng Yu wrote:
| I want to see some working examples on how to call C++ programs from
| R. Could somebody let me know which R packages mainly use C++ rather
| than C or Fortran?

I am not aware of anyone keeping aggregate statistics.

If you would like a simple example of C++ usage --- via the Rcpp package I
maintain --- then I'd recommend the Earth Mover Distance package on R-Forge
which wraps a single function providing the Earth Mover Distance metric:

 https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/earthmovdist/

and the SVN sources are here

 https://r-forge.r-project.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/pkg/?root=earthmovdist

A more complicated example is e.g. RQuantLib on R-Forge and CRAN.

Dirk