[Rd] Wrong links in help help files? (PR#14155)

henrik.parn at bio.ntnu.no henrik.parn at bio.ntnu.no
Thu Dec 17 10:05:09 CET 2009

Dear R developers,

?help.search

...opens a tab in my browser (Firefox 3.5.6, Win XP):

http://127.0.0.1:31642/library/utils/html/help.search.html

When I click on the link for "?",
(http://127.0.0.1:31642/library/utils/help/?)
in the last line of "Details", I get an error message:

"Server error: invalid response from R".

Similarly,

The link to "??" (http://127.0.0.1:31642/library/utils/help/??) found
under http://127.0.0.1:31642/library/utils/html/help.html "See also"
gives same error message.

On the other hand, in the help text for "help"
(http://127.0.0.1:31642/library/utils/html/help.html) the link to "?",
found under "See also", is
http://127.0.0.1:31642/library/utils/html/Question.html, which seems to
be the correct link.

I did not manage to find anything on this topic in recent bug reports on
"Documentation" and "Documentation fixed".

Best regards,

Henrik Pärn

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United Kingdom.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_United
Kingdom.1252    LC_MONETARY=English_United Kingdom.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C

[5] LC_TIME=English_United Kingdom.1252

attached base packages:

[1] tools_2.10.1

--