[Rd] A package for visualizing R syntax

Felix Andrews felix at nfrac.org
Wed Dec 23 23:12:51 CET 2009

Nice idea.
But I think "visualR" or "seeR" are way too vague.
How about "drawExpressions", or "showExpressions"?

-Felix

2009/12/24 Sylvain Loiseau <sylvain.loiseau at unicaen.fr>:
> Dear all,
>
> I have written a small set of functions for drawing graphical representations of R objects and evaluations of R expressions.
>
> It is mainly intended for pedagogical purposes. Here are some samples:
>
> http://panini.u-paris10.fr/~sloiseau/sampleGraphics.pdf
>
> The idea is to use some graphical conventions in order to make clear the abstract syntax and to explain function, extraction, recycling, type conversion, properties of data structures, etc.
>
> I would be very interested in your reactions and comments. I'm wondering if it may become a R package. Does something like this already exist? May it be useful? What improvement may be planned? Have you some idea for the name of such a package (visualR, seeR... ?)
>
> Best regards,
> Sylvain
> --
> Sylvain Loiseau
> sylvain.loiseau at unicaen.fr
>
> Université de Caen Basse Normandie
> Maison de la Recherche en Sciences Humaines
> MRSH - SH018
> Esplanade de la Paix
> Campus 1
> 14032 Caen Cedex

Felix Andrews / 安福立
Postdoctoral Fellow
Integrated Catchment Assessment and Management (iCAM) Centre
Fenner School of Environment and Society [Bldg 48a]
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia
M: +61 410 400 963
T: + 61 2 6125 4670