[Rd] Problem compiling R library on FC4 ( conflicting declaration in Rinterface.h and stdint.h)

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Sun Dec 27 00:53:02 CET 2009

FC4?  Really?

That has not been supported in over 3 years.

The only versions of Fedora currently supported are 11 and 12. You
need to get that machine updated.

My vague recollection was that there were a variety of fortran
compiler issues around that time (circa 2005/2006) with FC4, though I
could not locate anything specific regarding the error message you are
observing.

Get your computer updated to a current version of Fedora, if that is
the Linux distribution you wish to stay with. Trying to debug compiler
problems on a Linux distribution that itself has not been supported in
a long time is asking for trouble.

Marc Schwartz