[Rd] simplifying number of R installations on disk

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Dec 27 04:56:14 CET 2009

Moreover, one may want to script use of R. And while I use R a lot more on
non-Windows systems I do have helper and convenience scripts, PATH settings
etc to create packages on Windows.  For that I find it a PITA to have to
adjust things on each upgrade --- and hence some time ago I stopped accepting
the defaults and started to install R into C:/opt/R/R-current/ and treat that
as a fixed path. I find this makes my life on Windows easier -- and yes,
R_LIBS is also set to a fixed path.

Dirk