[Rd] [SoC 2009] will R Foundation participate? project proposal: fractal analysis

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 16:47:40 CET 2009

Hello R developers,

I know it is still a bit early to talk about Summer of Code, but I wish to
know what are, approximately, plans for this year.
Last year I applied as a student under OSGeo with a QGIS-R project and had a
very positive experience [0], therefore I plan to participate again.
I found an interesting hint [1], about implementing fractal analysis in R, and
a would-be mentor has already given his availability.
But I don't know how does mentor-student binding work. In this case, how
probable is that my project will be assigned to this particular mentor, if it
is accepted?

Best regards,

Anne Ghisla

[0] http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/GSoC2008Rbinding
[1] http://www.faunalia.com/pipermail/animov/2009-February/000361.html
Please do not send attachments in proprietary formats
Use the UNI CEI Standard ISO/IEC 26300:2006
O< stop html mail - http://www.asciiribbon.org