[Rd] Strange behavior of C compiled program

Christophe Genolini cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Sun Feb 8 23:37:24 CET 2009

Hi the list,

I need to include some C code in R, but the behavior of the C code is
strange : Here is my code :
--- 8< ---
    Rprintf("\n XXXX mTraj=%f
mClus=%f",mTraj[i+nbId*c],mClustersCenter[j+nbClusters*c]);

    Rprintf("\nDistA=%d Tmp=%d",dist,tmp);
            tmp = mTraj[i+nbId* c] - mClustersCenter [j+nbClusters* c];

    Rprintf("\nDistB=%d Tmp=%d",dist,tmp);
            dist += (tmp * tmp);

    Rprintf("\nDistC=%d Tmp=%d",dist,tmp);

Herer are the stranges results it gives :

XXXX mTraj=1.000000 mClus=3.000000
DistA=0 Tmp=0
DistB=0 Tmp=0
DistC=0 Tmp=1074790400

I ask on a C chat, but no one can answer me.
Any idea of what wrong ?

Thanks
Christophe