[Rd] Variable/function namespaces WAS: Bug in subsetting data frame (PR#13515)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Feb 11 00:34:26 CET 2009

On 10/02/2009 12:07 PM, Stavros Macrakis wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch at stats.uwo.ca> wrote:
>> Stavros Macrakis wrote:
>>> Can you point me to chapter and verse in the language definition...
>> No, I'm also unable to find it.
>
> ! This seems like a pretty fundamental thing to leave undocumented....

In open source nothing is undocumented, but sometimes the documentation
is a little hard to read.  I think you want to look at the
https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/src/main/eval.c section of the manual.

More seriously, I agree, but I don't have time to fix the omission.  If
you work out a logical (from your point of view) place to put this, and
write a first draft in texinfo format, I'll put it in.

Duncan Murdoch