[Rd] proposed simulate.glm method

Heather Turner Heather.Turner at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Feb 13 12:49:06 CET 2009

Dear Martin,

I think a simulate.glm method ought to be able to work for gnm objects
too. David Firth and I started to work on this a long time ago, but
stopped part-way through when simulate.lm was introduced, thinking that
simulate.glm was probably in the pipeline and we were duplicating
effort. Obviously we have let this slip when a contribution might have
been useful. We developed a prototype for poisson, binomial, gaussian,
gamma and inverse gaussian models which might be usefully merged with
Ben's proposed simulate.glm. What's the best way to go about this? I
would also like to test the proposed simulate.glm to check whether it
will work with gnm objects or whether a simulate.gnm will be necessary.

Thanks and best regards,

Heather