[Rd] reading SPSS .sav files (PR#13509)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 13 17:08:11 CET 2009

Please can we have the reproducible example we asked for (in the FAQ,
the posting guide ...).

We also need to know the version of foreign that worked, so can we
have the output of sessionInfo() for both sessions (see the posting
guide for what we need).

read.spss is able to read the old SPSS .sav files we have as examples,
so there has to be something different about yours -- and we have no
idea what without seeing an example.  Hopefully with one we will be
able to track this down.