[Rd] Newbie - how do I debug a crash of RGUI.EXE

Sim, Fraser Fraser_Sim at URMC.Rochester.edu
Mon Feb 16 20:43:47 CET 2009

Hi-

I'm running Vista64 Business and trying to use a package called
RGraphViz. Unfortunately, when I try to plot a graph using this package
it causes RGUI.EXE to crash. This package has no problem working in
WinXP 32-bit.

Is there any way to get useful information as to why it crashes?

Here's my commands:

> library(Rgraphviz)
Warning message:
In fun(...) : Rgraphviz built with Graphviz version 2.20.
Found Graphviz version 2.21.

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.9.0 Under development (unstable) (2009-01-21 r47661)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] grid      stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods

[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] Rgraphviz_1.21.7 graph_1.21.3

[1] cluster_1.11.12 tools_2.9.0

I then define a graph using the following

G = new("graphNEL", nodes = c("A","B","C"))
plot(G)

And RUI.exe crashes...

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,