[Rd] Faster Blas Library

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Feb 20 12:15:01 CET 2009

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> I presume this is on Windows (you did not actually say).
>
> The section http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/ is managed by
> Uwe Ligges, and you could send him the Rblas.dll, the sources, a
> description file and a license (the last being rather important if this
> is to be hosted on CRAN).

Yes, please do so. We are really interested.

Note: I doubt that double prec. floating point ops are faster than
single prec. (according to your slides).
Moreover, I'd like to see speed comparisons related to matrix sizes on
some logarithmic scale in order to compare the quite relevant gains for
small sized vectors.

Best wishes,
Uwe