[Rd] unloadNamespace (Was: How to unload a dll loaded via library.dynam()?)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 20 12:37:18 CET 2009

This was rather a large shift of subject, so I've pruned the
recipients list.

Is lazy loading involved?  If so I have an idea that may or may not be
relevant.  We do cache in memory the lazy-loading database for speed
on slow (network-mounted or USB drive) file systems.  Now the cache is
flushed at least if you do detach(foo, unload = TRUE) or but I can
envisage a set of circumstances in which it might not be.

So perhaps try detach(foo, unload = TRUE) or not using lazy-loading
when developing the package?

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk